Thursday, October 18, 2007

Logo #83: Christian Death

Christian Death has a new album out, their latest since the band formed in 1979 - which, depending on what one considers to be a Christian Death album, could be 30 records or 100. Gitane DeMone: "Valor (Kand) designed that logo around '87, possibly '88, whilst living in London. I remember him making that design." One of the simplest, most evocative and direct of all possible rock band logos, it appeared prominently on the inner sleeve of the "Sex & Drugs & Jesus Christ" LP. Christian Death front man Rozz Williams (born Roger Alan Painter, November 6, 1963 – April 1, 1998) formerly had led the band Daucus Karota, the Latin term for carrots.

In other news, my review of Stephen Colbert's book "I Am America (And So Can You!)" finally published in last Saturday's Los Angeles Times. I never thought I'd have to differentiate, to an editor of a major national newspaper, the clones of Bruce Lee.

No comments: