Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Interstitial #5: Clint Boon

Clint Boon of Inspiral Carpets checks in: "I designed the cow logo. It started as a series of photographs which I took of cows in the mid-1980s. I used to project the photos behind the band at gigs. People started mooing at gigs. I made the first cow logo t-shirt around 1986/1987. It was a really poor-lookin' thing but I've still got a photo of it and it's quite historical really (in Inspiral terms). I'm guessing that I designed the definitive cow logo around the same time. Later on I adapted the logo into the famous "cool as fuck" cow logo with the cow sporting shades and a spliff." Naturally, the thought of the crowd lowing at the musicians is almost endlessly beautiful in its absurdity. More mooing!

Suitably, the Song of the Moment is "This Is How it Feels."