Friday, October 24, 2008

Judas Priest: Logo #281

Designed by Roslav Szaybo for Judas Priest's 1980 "British Steel" LP. Livin' after midnight? Rockin' 'til the dawn? Lovin' 'til the morning? Then I'm gone...I'm gone? What an incredibly wistful song! For all the sordid aspects that Judas Priest outwardly embrace, it should be remembered that they know how to write rather good pop songs here and there. Motorcycles, spikes and studs - so to speak - notwithstanding, of course. And lest anyone labor under the illusion that Judas Priest has it easy in their world of metals both literally and figuratively heavy, imagine how you'd feel if someone told you that your art led people to commit suicide. Heavy, head, crown, etc.

The Song of the Moment is "Light Powered" by Deastro.

1 comment:

Grant Muller said...

I love that song...I assume you're listening to Ghostly Swim, since that's the only place I can find a Deastro song